Donna Axum Whitworth
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Miss America 1964
[50th Anniversary Miss America]
Honors and Achievements
- University instructor
- Television executive producer and TV hostess
- Professional speaker
- University of Arkansas Advisory Board
- Distinguished Alumnus of UA
- Chair of the Executive Committee for the National Committee for the Performing Arts for the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
- First Miss America elected to Miss America Board of Directors
- Executive Committee as 1st Vice Chair
- Co-Chair of the Judges Committee and Co-Chair of the State License Committee
- Advisory Council of the Dallas/Fort Worth World Affairs Council
- Executive Committees of the Fort Worth Symphony and the Van Cliburn Foundation and the Texas Christian University College of Fine Arts Board of Visitors
Her Miss America scholarship was used to complete her Bachelor degree in 1966, and Masters degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in Speech/Drama, Radio/TV/film in 1969
Her faith is a stronghold of her life and is reflected in her service to the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary as an Advisory Board member working in the areas of Women's Ministries and Seminary Advancement. Married to J. Bryan Whitworth. Between them, they have five children and ten grandchildren.
*see the Who's Who honor in the Winter 2013 edition of Pageantry magazine.